Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install itunes v12.3 (64-bit) on Windows 10

Just upgraded DELL XPS8300 from Win 7 to Win 10 (64-bit). iTunes working perfectly on Win 7 and worked OK on Win 10 after upgrade. For unrelated reasons had to RESET Win 10 and now get error messages when installing latest available version of iTunes.

Clicked on file 'itunes6464setup'

After a while with window 'status' being displayed, received the following long-winded error message..

An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT.type='win32",version="8.0.50727.6195",publicKey Token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64"'. Please refer to Help[ and Supportfor more information. HRESULT:0x80073715.

I clicked on OK.

At window 'Starting Services', I then received the error message..

Service 'Apple Mobile Device Service' (Apple Mobile Device Service) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start the system.

I then clicked on 'ignore', finally receiving a message stating iTunes did not install correctly and to uninstall it.

Control Panel, Prams and Features revealed 4 installed & related programs all of which I uninstalled. They were:

iTunes

Apple Application Support (32-bit)

Apple Mobile Device Support

Apple Software Update

Why a 32-bit version of Apple Application Support was installed, is a complete mystery.

I rebooted and tried again in total 4 times now. End result is exactly the same.

Any ideas anyone ?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:32 PM

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture="amd64" ' " may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further help.

The (not quite) all 64-bit version of Windows installs some 32-bit components. You might try the "for older video cards" build if you don't have any luck with the all 64-bit version.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 1:32 PM in response to ertriad

The message "An error occurred during installation of assembly 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT, type="win32", version="8.0.50727.6195", publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", processorArchitrcture="amd64" ' " may occur because a particular library file is not included in the distribution package supplied with iTunes or won't install for some unspecified reason. Installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update before attempting to reinstall iTunes may help.

See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates for further help.

The (not quite) all 64-bit version of Windows installs some 32-bit components. You might try the "for older video cards" build if you don't have any luck with the all 64-bit version.

tt2

Oct 9, 2015 12:53 AM in response to turingtest2

Hi turingtest2..I notice the following two packages are already installed.."Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) - 11.0.50727" and "Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) - 11.0.50727"..Should I therefore install "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update" as well or remove the 2005 packages first ?

Cannot install itunes v12.3 (64-bit) on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.