Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Booth Stopped Responding after hitting stop recording button...

For a college class today I had a presentation and needed to record it. After getting everything setup and hitting record, I began my presentation. When I went back to stop the recording of photo booth, it froze and would not respond. As a result I had to close the program because my computer was running terribly at that point. When I reopened Photo Booth, just what you'd expect I lost my entire presentation video. A lot of hard work down the drain.😠

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 14, 2015 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 9:30 AM

jonnyarmony wrote: ... Photo Booth... lost my entire presentation video. A lot of hard work down the drain.

I do not see a question here, but i offer the following suggestions for a possible future presentation.

It is always best to use a device designed specifically for the task for recording any important work. However, If you do not have access to a reliable camcorder for your one-time presentation, there are workarounds.

If you cannot use a camcorder, try the Mac, but test thoroughly to ensure your system and workflow are reliable.

Regardless of whether you use a dedicated camera or your Mac, always make test recordings of similar content, location, lighting, and duration before any important and or irreplaceable recording.

If Photo Booth does not work reliably, use iMove or QuickTimeX Player to record video. If your Mac cannot record reliably with any OS X video recording app, and if using a known reliable camcorder is not possible, consider contracting with a trusted local videographer for your your important presentation.

I have also added comments about sending feedback to Apple at your other post about this at http://discussions.apple.com/thread/3906973?answerId=29120069022#29120069022.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2015 9:30 AM in response to jonnyarmony

jonnyarmony wrote: ... Photo Booth... lost my entire presentation video. A lot of hard work down the drain.

I do not see a question here, but i offer the following suggestions for a possible future presentation.

It is always best to use a device designed specifically for the task for recording any important work. However, If you do not have access to a reliable camcorder for your one-time presentation, there are workarounds.

If you cannot use a camcorder, try the Mac, but test thoroughly to ensure your system and workflow are reliable.

Regardless of whether you use a dedicated camera or your Mac, always make test recordings of similar content, location, lighting, and duration before any important and or irreplaceable recording.

If Photo Booth does not work reliably, use iMove or QuickTimeX Player to record video. If your Mac cannot record reliably with any OS X video recording app, and if using a known reliable camcorder is not possible, consider contracting with a trusted local videographer for your your important presentation.

I have also added comments about sending feedback to Apple at your other post about this at http://discussions.apple.com/thread/3906973?answerId=29120069022#29120069022.

Message was edited by: EZ Jim

Mac OSX 10.11

Photo Booth Stopped Responding after hitting stop recording button...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.