Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 10.2 update deleted all videos

just upgraded my iPad to the release 10.2. The video folder is now gone and replaced with a TV folder. All my videos are now gone on my iPad.

Why????????

Posted on Dec 15, 2016 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 5:58 AM

This TV App is so buggy, and as aglick I ran into the same problem on my overseas flight. Being a developer I just reprogrammed the Videos app to work as it should. It's now on the App Store for free so give it a try, no more buggy TV trouble, just good old offline watching of movies and TV Shows.

View in iTunes

<I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.>
35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2017 5:58 AM in response to jhooknc

This TV App is so buggy, and as aglick I ran into the same problem on my overseas flight. Being a developer I just reprogrammed the Videos app to work as it should. It's now on the App Store for free so give it a try, no more buggy TV trouble, just good old offline watching of movies and TV Shows.

View in iTunes

<I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.>

Dec 15, 2016 5:53 PM in response to jhooknc

I thought the same at first too, but your videos are likely in "Home Videos" which can't be accessed (probably a bug) until some other content is also on/available on your iPad via iTunes. I had manually transferred a few movies (before this 10.2 update) and have never bought any video content from iTunes. After updating to 10.2, the TV Library was completely blank, no access to my previous videos.

How I temporarily resolved: at bottom row of TV app choose "Store", scroll to bottom and select "Free Episodes". Choose anything you wish via "Get". You don't have to download your selection. Since you are now in iTunes, go back to the TV app and select "Library" on bottom row. Now you should be able to select "Library" at top left of screen (I couldn't before I did the previous steps) and select "Home Videos". That's where all my manually transferred videos are at. Hope this helps.

Dec 18, 2016 6:07 AM in response to Savage1969

Savage1969 wrote:

How I temporarily resolved: at bottom row of TV app choose "Store", scroll to bottom and select "Free Episodes". Choose anything you wish via "Get". You don't have to download your selection. Since you are now in iTunes, go back to the TV app and select "Library" on bottom row. Now you should be able to select "Library" at top left of screen (I couldn't before I did the previous steps) and select "Home Videos". That's where all my manually transferred videos are at. Hope this helps.

Thank you - this works!

Dec 18, 2016 8:50 PM in response to aglick

Ready for this one? So excited with the help of getting my videos back by loading a trailer. Yesterday I boarded a plane for Australia yes 15 hr flight. Ready to watch some movies and bam can't access them w/o an internet connection. Get to my hotel finally connect and there they are again. Apple please give us back the video app or fix the tv app.

IOS 10.2 update deleted all videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.