Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Windows 7

Can't get Airpods to pair with my Windows 7 laptop. Okay with Apple devices. Is there a driver to manually download?

Posted on Dec 26, 2016 4:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2017 4:09 AM

I also have this problem, and finally solved it. You may refer to following steps:

1. Check "computer management". If the bluetooth equipment is "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" then you must have issue to pair AirPods (error message: no driver), because MS Win7 native BT driver doesn't support AirPods, but Win10 does.

2. Check your PC/latop vender's official support web page, find and download proper bluetooth drive for your chipset module. E.g. for HP Probook 640G1, http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5405133&swLangOid= 2&swEnvOid=4061

3. Install the BT driver (it may take 3 minues), and if you see "Bluetooth Auxiliary" and your BT brand item (e.g. Intel Bluetooth) appear in "computer management" window, then congratulations. (see pic1)

4. Ignore the BT equipment without driver. Pair your AirPods and get music and handfree link connected (see pic2). Change your PC/latop sound volume output option to "Bluetooth Headset". Enjoy your AirPods with Win7!

The unperfect thing on my latop is background noise in AirPods when play. I'm trying to find more versions of BT drivers to improve the sound quality.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2017 4:09 AM in response to Sabby2

I also have this problem, and finally solved it. You may refer to following steps:

1. Check "computer management". If the bluetooth equipment is "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" then you must have issue to pair AirPods (error message: no driver), because MS Win7 native BT driver doesn't support AirPods, but Win10 does.

2. Check your PC/latop vender's official support web page, find and download proper bluetooth drive for your chipset module. E.g. for HP Probook 640G1, http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5405133&swLangOid= 2&swEnvOid=4061

3. Install the BT driver (it may take 3 minues), and if you see "Bluetooth Auxiliary" and your BT brand item (e.g. Intel Bluetooth) appear in "computer management" window, then congratulations. (see pic1)

4. Ignore the BT equipment without driver. Pair your AirPods and get music and handfree link connected (see pic2). Change your PC/latop sound volume output option to "Bluetooth Headset". Enjoy your AirPods with Win7!

The unperfect thing on my latop is background noise in AirPods when play. I'm trying to find more versions of BT drivers to improve the sound quality.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jun 6, 2017 7:01 AM in response to Sabby2

I can't pair airpods with pc Windows 7 x64 (Dell e7270).

I've update Intel Bluetooth driver up to latest vers.:19.0.1629.3590 but Windows see Airpods, adds as a headset device, but shows /!\ sign and note that driver is wrong.

As well don't add Airpods as playback device.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Ideas?

May be other BTdriver fits?

Also there is no "Bluetooth Auxiliary" in devices list - is it meter and how to solve?

Ok with all Apple devices.

thanks.

Jul 10, 2017 3:59 AM in response to Sabby2

1.solve the periferal device driver problem from video link below :

[Solved] Bluetooth Peripheral Device Driver connect headset ,mobile phone Samsung galaxy s4 - YouTube

2. then pair airpods with window using back case button of airpods

3. then change audio output device from control panel >sound> manage audio devices> select ur wireless headset (airpods)

it worked for me 🙂

Airpods Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.