Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How could I change my IDFV or Advertising Vendor?

Please help me. I know how to change my IDFA and my ip address, but how could I change my IDFV? According to Apple, I would have to delete every app from that vendor, but what does that mean? What’s a vendor and how could I determine which app belongs to a vender?

However, if you could just tell me a simple (non jailbroken) way to frequently change the IDFV without answering the prior questions, I would be much obliged.

Also can apps see your IMEI?

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 8:25 AM

10 replies

Jul 24, 2018 9:32 AM in response to askbarnabas

I am trying to for the app Yubo. I have changed both my IP Adress, IDFA and even phone number that I use to sign up for the app and it still remembers me. Apple banned UDID, and from what I can determine apps are only allowed to check IDFA, IDFV and IP Address and since i’ve changed all of that except IDFV it has to be that. I have reinstalled the app too. How can the app recall my phone. I seriously doubt they are remembering me by the hardware, iphone or version.

Jul 24, 2018 2:19 PM in response to askbarnabas

Okay, very interesting read. Thank you for sending me that link. I read it twice. It was written in 2013 so I can only assume that means apps cannot use OpenUDID or anything else anymore. Apps are forced to identify users from IDFA and IDFV’s now with the article stating IOS6 was when the transition was mandatory. This article mentions that IDFV’s can be changed by removing all apps from the vendor and reinstalling it which Apple states as well. I just did a test with another app that provided my IDFV and confirmed that the IDFV does indeed change when reinstalling an app.

This ultimately means that Yubo is recognizing my phone through means outside of IDFA, IDFV and IP address, but how is that possible? Those are the only information my phone provides? I mean Yubo knows my Phone, Version, and Model, but these are not exclusive to me. Hundreds of other users must have the exact same, so how would the app recognize me?

How could I change my IDFV or Advertising Vendor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.