Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home/landscape design app for mac?

Is there a consumer-level (not some $1000 3D CAD pro app) home and/or landscape design application available for mac similar to Home & Garden designer programs for PC?? I can't find one to save my life!

emac G4 1ghz superdrive, Mac OS X (10.4.7), 80 Gigs internal hardrive/80 external 60G iPod

Posted on Apr 1, 2007 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2007 12:40 PM

Have a search of http://guide.apple.com/

I've found several there before.
6 replies

Apr 1, 2007 3:49 PM in response to Andres martinez

If you go to sourceforge.net you can find quite a few programs like this. I'm not familiar with the program you're referring to but this link will take you to what's available and I think there's alot of shareware on this location. Also, VersionTracker.com is another resource you might want to check out. My kids play around with Google SketchUp, it's a basic program that may help you as well and it's free.

Apr 1, 2007 3:56 PM in response to ktleese

Thanks for the ideas - I've searched for quite a while. I mean months now. The Apple website doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. I've seen programs/apps widely available at regular retail stores for PC - that aren't professional CAD 3D programs that cost 100's or even 1000's of dollars just for laying simple landscape and/or interior design plans. I'm not a professional or business owner - I just want something that can help me layout plans for landscaping my yard and for home remodels etc. There's nothing like this for mac?

Apr 1, 2007 4:08 PM in response to Andres martinez

Not sure where you can get it now, but the April 2007 issue of MacWorld included on its free CD a full free copy of Google SketchUp 6, which says it does exactly what you want: "design your perfect home and garden with this 3D building tool".

I haven't tried it (as I already have a perfect home and garden 😉 ) so I can't give you an assesment, but worth a try?

home/landscape design app for mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.