Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data recovery from damaged iPhone 6S motherboard

During a repair on my second hand iPhone 6S, by a reputable company, the technician damaged the motherboard.

Apparently, it is irreparable. They have finally agreed to replace the motherboard, but there was critical data on the phone that had not yet been backed up.

Please point me in the right direction to recover data from a damaged motherboard. I believe if certain chips are undamaged that it is possible.

TIA.

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 11:17 AM

Apple can't help you. They don't offer data recovery.

Unfortunately, if you didn't back it up when you had the chance, the odds of being able to recover anything are extremely slim.

We can't recommend anyone who does that kind of work in these forums.

If the 'reputable company' you took it to for repairs originally can't fix it, it's highly unlikely anyone else will be able to.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2019 11:17 AM in response to UXLara

Apple can't help you. They don't offer data recovery.

Unfortunately, if you didn't back it up when you had the chance, the odds of being able to recover anything are extremely slim.

We can't recommend anyone who does that kind of work in these forums.

If the 'reputable company' you took it to for repairs originally can't fix it, it's highly unlikely anyone else will be able to.

Data recovery from damaged iPhone 6S motherboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.