Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brokage of part

Hi!!

it’s been 8 months that I purchased my iPhone 12 mini. I had recently broken my camera glass but there is no harm to the lens. So I asked in service centre to replace it and they replied that to replace that we need to change the whole cpu as such parts are not available independently. The cost of that was around 33000, in that I could’ve bought another iPhone. Is there any chance getting it repaired, kindly help me.

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 9:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2022 10:18 PM

The only thing Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) will do is an out-of-warranty replacement of the entire phone which should be about 60% of the retail cost of a new one. If you traded in a phone to buy this one or got some kind of special deal when you bought it don't use that as the retail price.

You can see if a 3rd party repair shop can replace the glass with 3rd party glass replacement but going this router may prevent any assistance from Apple in the future on that iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2022 10:18 PM in response to Pramodvc

The only thing Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) will do is an out-of-warranty replacement of the entire phone which should be about 60% of the retail cost of a new one. If you traded in a phone to buy this one or got some kind of special deal when you bought it don't use that as the retail price.

You can see if a 3rd party repair shop can replace the glass with 3rd party glass replacement but going this router may prevent any assistance from Apple in the future on that iPhone.

Jan 22, 2022 11:34 PM in response to Pramodvc

The case and sapphire/glass camera cover are all fused together, so it's not a single part that Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider fixes. Maybe someone might be able to provide an aftermarket fix, but there's no guarantee that it would be up to an Apple standard.

Is it creating a problem? I've actually got that problem on my iPhone, but my camera seems to be able to focus and capture an image with any distortion.

Another concern might be whether or not you can get repairs in the future. I've heard some concerns that with a broken camera glass, they won't do a battery or front screen repair, but offer a complete replacement. But if you get an aftermarket camera glass replacement, it's probably not even be eligible for a complete replacement service in the future.

Brokage of part

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.