Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Siri to unlock doors

Since Siri via my HomePod recognizes my voice, when I ask her to unlock my basement door why does she say that I need to unlock my iPhone first? Would this be because voice recognition is not considered reliable?

HomePod, 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 11:48 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 22, 2022 6:39 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks BDAqua,

I think it might be possible, but I fail to see how it might be easy unless it was my wife who already knows how to unlock the basement door. We do have several security cameras around, so it might not be worth it for someone to break in, hide a recording device or a microphone. Then trigger that device to broadcast, while they were near the basement door. It would be much simpler to break the window beside the door and reach in and unlock it. If Apple would allow me to sign away my rights to sue in order to use voice authentication via Siri for specific situations I would gladly do that for the basement door situation.

Using Siri to unlock doors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.