Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions

I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2022 10:34 PM

Jtirado05 Said:

"Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions: I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone."

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

I. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

II. Forgot the Password?

Go Here: If you Forgot your Screen Time Passcode - Apple Support

This is all a matter of security (something you would have agreed to upon setting up Two-Factor Authentication). So, if there ends up being no successful solution to this, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always keep the original packaging and receipt so that this reset can be performed.

III. Have her Log Out:

Reset this Up Anew:

Once Screen Time is Enabled: Reset this iPad anew, as if you were to sell it. She'd log out of iCloud on it; you'd perform the reset, and then you'd proceed form there, logging in to your iCloud upon setup. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2022 10:34 PM in response to Jtirado05

Jtirado05 Said:

"Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions: I cannot sign out of my daughters iCloud account so I can log back into my iCloud. I got a new phone and not all my contacts transferred to my new phone."

-------

Screen Time is the Culprit:

I. Disable Screen Time:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Turn Off Screen Time(so that it is greyed-out)

II. Forgot the Password?

Go Here: If you Forgot your Screen Time Passcode - Apple Support

This is all a matter of security (something you would have agreed to upon setting up Two-Factor Authentication). So, if there ends up being no successful solution to this, then take this as a learning experience knowing to always keep the original packaging and receipt so that this reset can be performed.

III. Have her Log Out:

Reset this Up Anew:

Once Screen Time is Enabled: Reset this iPad anew, as if you were to sell it. She'd log out of iCloud on it; you'd perform the reset, and then you'd proceed form there, logging in to your iCloud upon setup. Go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cannot sign out of iCloud do to restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.