Image Capture opens with a small window each time.

Guys, how it gets on my nerves!

Every time I want to use Apple's image capture, the programme opens in a small window. It's so small that you have to enlarge it every time to be able to work with the programme properly. Who at Apple thinks up such nonsense? I don't understand how they can make up such crap. Do they ever use their own nonsense?

I have deleted preferences several times - no change.

Used another user account - no change.

Really, such inadequacies make me sick.

Posted on May 3, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 11:51 AM

Mann wrote:

Every time I want to use Apple's image capture, the programme opens in a small window. It's so small that you have to enlarge it every time to be able to work with the programme properly. Who at Apple thinks up such nonsense? I don't understand how they can make up such crap. Do they ever use their own nonsense?

I have not opened Image Capture.app in a thousand years, so I don't know what to say—

this is what I see for default in comparison:

You can always put it in full screen mode, leave it open in Mission Control out of the way until you need it, just a swipe away...

Since this is a user to user forum, I encourage you to be proactive and file a bug report and/or submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 11:51 AM in response to Mann

Mann wrote:

I have not opened Image Capture.app in a thousand years, so I don't know what to say—

this is what I see for default in comparison:

You can always put it in full screen mode, leave it open in Mission Control out of the way until you need it, just a swipe away...

Since this is a user to user forum, I encourage you to be proactive and file a bug report and/or submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

May 3, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Charles Palenz

Unfortunately, Epson no longer supplies drivers for Ventura for my still impeccable scanner. So I could be happy with Image Capture if this window didn't always open in this tiny size. I don't want to use full screen mode. I expect an apple-owned programme to do what actually all windows do: remember position and size.

I have also searched in all sorts of files to find the settings file. The size of the window must have been set somewhere.

May 15, 2024 1:04 AM in response to MCMunro

This is really strange. I'm on 14.4.1 so I was very hopeful your trick would work for me.

It did not.

I'm thinking that for some people, there is something screwed up with a system setting that keeps this particular app (it is the only one of many on my Mac Mini that shows this issue) from opening with the last window size.

Image Capture opens with a small window each time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.