"background tasks that are not yet complete".

friends, I've searched in the discussions but I haven't found any recent ones about this problem.

It still keeps telling me and this message comes out despite having done the total and single render linked to the selection, it continues to be the dots above the clips and when it goes away it always gives me this message

Posted on Jun 8, 2023 4:58 AM

7 replies

May 15, 2024 2:28 PM in response to JS_icecreamguy

More specific and meaningful error dialogs would be nice. Have you submitted Feedback? Final Cut Pro > Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback... or Feedback - Final Cut Pro - Apple

If you ever go back to editing video, set the cache to be external to the library in Storage Locations. This makes it easier if you run into problems - just quit FCP, dump the .fcpcache file, relaunch FCP and it will rebuild the cache. Set storage locations in Final Cut Pro for Mac - Apple Support

May 14, 2024 10:27 PM in response to luca CAJATI

Things like this are the reason I got out of doing video. It's literally because of Final Cut. This program makes me despise this work that I would otherwise love. I love everything about video until I have to fire up this program and run into 6 different bugs and waste hours of time that could be spent being creative. I took a rather complex project on as an exception to my rule of no video, delivered it, now two months later client has the simple ask of swapping out a logo. Now I'm stuck in FCPX **** trying to figure out in a project with a ton of optical flow and stabilization all over the place just to run a render from a logo swap that should have taken 30 seconds. Like seriously, this application makes me hate work that I would otherwise love. I'm not saying there are better programs out there for these tasks. What I'm saying is that if you design this error message and you can't do the work of telling the user which clip is the culprit, you're awful, and you are bad at your job. Unreal. I can't believe I'm spending my evening turning on and off optical flow and stabilization on a zillion clips with my fingers crossed just because someone couldn't finish writing an error message dialog.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.