How do I unBLOCK my camera for a telehealth session?

I’m using a new iPad at the moment to double check the settings to unlock my camera for video calls through Doxy.me. But where in the heck are those settings? I cannot find the Safari settings to begin the search.

I used my PC laptop windows 10 for this telehealth session. I could see and hear the doctor. She could hear me but NOT see me!

I managed to find the settings in Doxy.me, but the settings were all turned on! What’s up with that? Now that the session is over, I want to research this further on the PC as well as the iPad because I plan to use the iPad more and more.

Thanks for any suggestions, Linda

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 6:28 PM

Sure. To shut down the iPad, Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support. That also addresses how to force it to shut down if it "locks up" or becomes completely unresponsive (which ought to be a rare event).

To wake it, Wake and unlock iPad - Apple Support

Sleeping the iPad is best accomplished by just ignoring it (that's what I do) but you can manually put it to sleep by momentarily pressing its "top button" — Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support.

After a while all this becomes second nature.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 6:28 PM in response to singingdogsandcats

Sure. To shut down the iPad, Turn iPad on or off - Apple Support. That also addresses how to force it to shut down if it "locks up" or becomes completely unresponsive (which ought to be a rare event).

To wake it, Wake and unlock iPad - Apple Support

Sleeping the iPad is best accomplished by just ignoring it (that's what I do) but you can manually put it to sleep by momentarily pressing its "top button" — Use the Home, side, and other buttons on your iPad - Apple Support.

After a while all this becomes second nature.

Jul 18, 2023 2:15 PM in response to singingdogsandcats

Maybe this is just your basic stop it “when in doubt reboot” thing? I never shut my computer down. I just put it to sleep at night.

Sure. That's what I do, since it's never necessary to routinely shut down a Mac. However, a simple reboot is justified whenever you suspect something isn't working properly.

Follow that doxy.me "help" page, where at the bottom it offers to interactively check your settings:

"You can also test permissions here to ensure everything is working correctly."

Everything worked as expected on an iPhone, an iPad, and the Mac I happen to be using at the moment. It all seems pretty well thought-out, so it stands to reason that their "please contact our support team" link ought to work too.

Other than that all I would suggest are the normal things to check when a website isn't working properly: no VPN, no "anti-virus" nonsense, etc, but if their support team can't help by all means write back. I'm not out of ideas yet.

How do I unBLOCK my camera for a telehealth session?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.