Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

the operation can't be completed. couldn't communicate with a helper application error message

I need to put a bunch of folders of various file types onto my actual ipad. I can put single files on my ipad, but I need to move hundreds. Every time I try to go through "FILES" I get that message "the operation can't be completed. couldn't communicate with a helper application" I reinstalled google drive, I've restarted and opened it first and still I get this.

It is utterly asinine that I can't just "drag and drop" folders from my google drive. I don't understand how it's 2023 and this is an issue.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:51 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 4, 2023 3:25 PM in response to blitler1945

Hello blitler1945,

If you're unable to save or move files in iCloud on your device, you'll want to make sure you've covered the basics like restarting your device and making sure it's up to date which can resolve compatibility issues and refresh the sync with iCloud.

Restart your iPad

Update your iPad

Then contact Apple to report the issue: Get Support

Cheers!

the operation can't be completed. couldn't communicate with a helper application error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.