Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do I add my Driver's License to my iPhone?

My wife has her Alabama drivers license in her apple wallet on her iPhone. How is this possible? Was this feature available in previous iOS versions? How can I add my license to my phone? This is bizarre.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 3:43 AM

4 replies

May 12, 2024 3:24 PM in response to AlpineTig

The Alabama legislature revoked the validity of digital licenses in early/mid 2023. They didn’t want it being used for voter registration and/or voter identification. From what I see online, the state sent a notification to all license holders that had entered them, apprising the license holder of the need to remove the license as it was no longer a valid form of ID.

Web info is conflicting as to when the option to add the license was removed. But it was no longer in the Wallet by August 2023.

Currently, only 4 states recognize and support the use of digital wallets for their state licenses and ID’s.

How do I add my Driver's License to my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.