What is the best Wi-Fi Printer for Mac Studio?

I am looking for an easy-to-set and use Wi-fi printer (+scan +copies) for Mac studio.

If not too much to ask also with a good design.

Let me know if you do.

Thank you!

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

Posted on Sep 16, 2023 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2024 4:27 PM

What I am hearing is that because of the inherent flaw (that you MUST print or the Ink dries up) printer-makers have found a way around that by "cleaning the heads" from time to time. That is not likely to make me switch anytime soon. I still have bitterness over the far older printers I owned that just were nothing but trouble because of LACK or use.

Yes ink-jet printers themselves were cheap, but the 'life-cycle costs' are most definitely NOT cheap.

Give me my laser printers. Laser printers are more expensive to buy, the the supplies last a very large number of pages and they are ready to print nice pages whenever I want.

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2024 4:27 PM in response to mchris65

What I am hearing is that because of the inherent flaw (that you MUST print or the Ink dries up) printer-makers have found a way around that by "cleaning the heads" from time to time. That is not likely to make me switch anytime soon. I still have bitterness over the far older printers I owned that just were nothing but trouble because of LACK or use.

Yes ink-jet printers themselves were cheap, but the 'life-cycle costs' are most definitely NOT cheap.

Give me my laser printers. Laser printers are more expensive to buy, the the supplies last a very large number of pages and they are ready to print nice pages whenever I want.

May 10, 2024 9:04 AM in response to JustChecking76

JustChecking76 wrote:

If I may ask, in those 25 years of owning Brother printers; how many times have you had to buy a new or upgraded version? I am asking because I am looking into buying a new printer and research can only get one so far. Talking to someone in the Apple world is helpful.

There is no one best printer, as requirements and budgets vary.

Considerations: Which Printer Should I Buy? - Apple Community

When considering your choices, look at both the purchase and the consumables prices, too.

A recent review: https://www.theverge.com/2024/4/2/24117976/best-printer-2024-home-use-office-use-labels-school-homework

I usually get about a decade from a Brother multi-function (non-subscription) printer, if not longer.

With any printer having AirPrint and IPP/IPPS support, vendor drivers are much less of an issue, too.

You absolutely want AirPrint for use with Apple gear and also having IPP/IPPS support is strongly preferable for mixed environments. I much prefer Wi-Fi or wired printers (or both) as well, as the price savings for USB just isn’t that great these days as compared with the convenience of not having to deal with the hassles inherent in sharing USB printers.

Sep 16, 2023 8:18 AM in response to FTFlow

For me, inkjet printers are a non-starter.

Many of these REQUIRE that you print stuff on a regular basis. If you EVER fail to do so, the ink dries up, and the cartridge must be replaced, because you DID NOT print.

My household uses only Ethernet network-connected Printers that are NOT inkjet. we have one main black&white with two-sided capability, and one 'business graphics' color. We push the color one to do occasional photographs sometimes, and otherwise send out for 'real' photo printing.

Apr 10, 2024 1:33 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Grant, you may not realize it, many ink-jet printers keep track of time and last print and can do a service routine to make sure the printer is ready to go. They spit and wipe into a "cleaner station" which is built in to the printer. I worked for HP for 10 years and helped design some of the hardware to do that in home and commercial printers.

Not all models and not all manufacturers have the same capability, but most do.

What is the best Wi-Fi Printer for Mac Studio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.