Apple Watch ultra will not work on cellular

I have an Apple Watch ultra that I believe is defective. It’s never worked on cellular and I found out after I tried to use it independently of my phone. Carrier had me wipe and re connect my watch to my phone, step by step. Did not work. Carrier had me contact apple, who did their own troubleshooting… did not work. I sent in my iwatch, and it was sent right back with a generic response “we could not duplicate problem”. I take thé returned watch back to carrier to have them once again set up cellular on my watch. Watch makes no calls, no bars for carrier service even though it is now showing as connected. Called FAIL when attempted. Calls to my phone while my phone is off do not go to watch as they should (call went straight to voice mail. Same issue as I had when I first sent it. Called apple, and I’m told to send it back to them.

The Apple Watch ultra is defective! Apple refuses to talk to carrier to identify the issue. Watch is under warranty and I want a replacement. I’ve been paying for a service I do not get because the product is defective and apple is not connecting the watch to an actual carrier connection to test the watch. This is a defective product and I have read several other complaints of the Apple Watch ultra not connecting to cellular and working independently as it is said to do. Please replace the watch! It’s under warranty.

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 2:30 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 22, 2023 2:46 PM in response to Appleforme17

Appleforme17 wrote:

[snip for brevity]
Called apple, and I’m told to send it back to them.

The Apple Watch ultra is defective! Apple refuses to talk to carrier to identify the issue. Watch is under warranty and I want a replacement.
[snip again for brevity]
Please replace the watch! It’s under warranty.

You might have a bad specimen, but the whole Watch Ultra product range is unlikely to be defective. So just send your watch in as Apple suggested, they seem to be offering to fix the problem. I'm guessing you have a case reference of some kind and/or instructions how and where to sent the watch for Apple to deal with the problem.

Sep 22, 2023 4:01 PM in response to Branta_uk

I’m not the only one. I’ve tracked down several other users who purchased this watch and have the same issues. I do think this watch is defective, but I think there were plenty of watches that are also defective. This is the second time I had to send back. I just want it replaced, and apple is giving me the run around claiming they can’t duplicate the issue. They should just contact the carrier and fix the issue. The carrier has already tried everything to connect the product, nothing more they can do as it is hooked up and shows it’s connected but it does not connect really.

Apple Watch ultra will not work on cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.