Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Hue lights are not showing up in HomeKit since iOS 17

I have dozens of Philips Hue lights and motion sensors. They work fine in the Hue app. If I tell the Hue app to configure them in HomeKit, the Hue app notes that the sensors are being configured in another app, but neither the sensors nor the lights show up in the Home app on my iOS devices.

I've done this in the past without problem, but since installing iOS 17, it hasn't worked. Any clues? Thanks!

Posted on Oct 1, 2023 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2024 1:24 PM

Hi Steve_S! I guess I'm lucky that I haven't been disconnected earlier. Woke up yesterday and had lost all my Hue lights, and one of my Nanoleaf bulbs from the HomeKit app. Caseta switches seem to be unaffected so far. We spent a fortune on task lighting in the kitchen because Hue played so well with HomeKit. Now it's just frustration. Using multiple apps to control lighting, and no voice assistant. We tried resetting all our hubs (4 AppleTVs, 4 homepod minis, and the Hue hub), resetting the gateway (Xfinity), deleting and adding devices, etc. Nothing worked. HomeKit won't connect to the Hue hub. HELP!!!

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2024 1:24 PM in response to Stevi_S

Hi Steve_S! I guess I'm lucky that I haven't been disconnected earlier. Woke up yesterday and had lost all my Hue lights, and one of my Nanoleaf bulbs from the HomeKit app. Caseta switches seem to be unaffected so far. We spent a fortune on task lighting in the kitchen because Hue played so well with HomeKit. Now it's just frustration. Using multiple apps to control lighting, and no voice assistant. We tried resetting all our hubs (4 AppleTVs, 4 homepod minis, and the Hue hub), resetting the gateway (Xfinity), deleting and adding devices, etc. Nothing worked. HomeKit won't connect to the Hue hub. HELP!!!

Jan 23, 2024 5:47 PM in response to Jimmymck

Hi Jimmymck!

We spent a few hours on the phone with an Apple support person yesterday, with no success. She said she would research it further, but scheduled a call for tomorrow so we could completely delete our HomeKit setup and start all over again to see if that works. I'm not looking forward to re-adding the 14 lights, 3 switches, thermostat, 4 homepod minis, 4 Appletvs, and 3 bridges, but that's our next step. I'll let you know how it goes. (29 devices, ugh!)

Hue lights are not showing up in HomeKit since iOS 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.