Deleting Spam events messages appearing in Calendar

I have received a number of Spam event messages in my calendar. Similar to Spam emails saying we have package delivery for you and need you to confirm detail. All from same address. There is no option to unsubscribe or delete and it does not appear in Accounts when I go thru settings. Tried declining but get error message saying decline could not be sent. Any ideas on how I might delete these messages and stop then recurring.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2024 6:21 PM

THe problem is that the spam events are on my "Calendar" that all my events that I add are in. The interesting thing is that the spam events don't show up on my laptop or my PC

I would appreciate any help anyone could offer me. I wish I could figure out---

21 replies

Feb 1, 2024 5:24 PM in response to OldBoyDave

Hello all,

One solution is to delete completely the e-mails (and I do mean e-mails, not calendar events) that contain these invitations. I suspect that Siri might be indirectly responsible by "helping" to place those events automatically in the calendar when an e-mail containing an invite is received.

May 14, 2024 11:10 AM in response to Brickman67

Brickman67 wrote:

Why, with all the iOS updates, has Apple not addressed this problem? So many people are effected, yet no solution.
Apple, we know you monitor these discussions, what are you doing to solve this problem??

Are you syncing any other Calendars, such as those with an Outlook, Hotmail, or Google account? If there is no unsubscribe option, then unsync your other calendars and most likely the problem will be solved.

Feb 1, 2024 5:07 PM in response to OldBoyDave

Thinking this worked for me-match the dot color in front of the spam message then find the same color dot on the left side list of various calendars-then tap the red circle with the i in it and turn off event alert. I’m my case I had a blue dot in front of the spam-found blue dot which was personal shopping calendar and turnoff event alert.

So far so good!

Deleting Spam events messages appearing in Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.