Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

watch series 5 battery

I got this device when they first came out so it’s 4 years old now. With watchOS 10 and the snoopy or solar analog face my battery does not last all day (around 15-16 hours). I don’t know if it’s these watch faces or the battery or the Os. Any thoughts?? Thank you!

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 1:45 PM

8 replies

Oct 12, 2023 1:53 PM in response to mickeddie

With the exception of the Ultras, Apple says, under ideal conditions, a Watch battery should last 18 hours. So, if your 4-year-old phone is still lasting 15-16 hours, I'd say you're doing well.

You can, on the Watch, go to Settings>Battery>Battery Health and look at the Maximum capacity for the battery. If it's less than 80%, it's time for a replacement battery.

Oct 12, 2023 3:02 PM in response to mickeddie

I can think of two possible causes for the different battery discharge rates in different watch faces. Either or both could be in play.

1. The new Snoopy and Solar Analog faces might actually put a higher load on the battery (more processing power used).
  2. The novelty factor, with the user looking more frequently at the new faces (particularly the more dynamic Snoopy) so the screen is alive for more seconds, and taking more power to drive the display.

watch series 5 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.