I lost my AirPod case how could I find it

I lost my AirPod case is there a way I can locate it. The ear pieces are not in the case it’s just the case that is missing

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2023 9:12 AM

Hello Tiffanypoerazoff,

When trying to locate just your AirPods case, if they are the AirPods Pro 2nd generation (or later) you should be able to pick your case in the Find My app.

Find your lost AirPods with Find My

1. On your iPhone, open Find My.
2. In Devices, choose your AirPods. If your AirPods are out of the case, you might have to pick the left bud or right bud. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation) or later, you can also pick the case.
3. Find your AirPods on the map.
- If they aren't near you, tap Get Directions to open their location in Maps.
- If you're nearby, tap Play Sound and listen for the series of beeps.
- Depending on your AirPods and iPhone, you might also see an option to Find Nearby. Tap it, wait for your AirPods to connect to your iPhone, then follow the prompts to find your AirPods.

Your iPhone might take longer than expected to connect to your AirPods to play a sound or find nearby.
If you don't have an iPhone or other Apple device to use Find My, you can also find your AirPods at iCloud.com/find — but the experience might be different and some functionality might not be available.

If they aren't an AirPods Pro 2nd generation (or later) set, then you won't be able to use Find My to find just the case. We hope this information helps.

Best regards.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 20, 2023 9:12 AM in response to Tiffanypoerazoff

Hello Tiffanypoerazoff,

When trying to locate just your AirPods case, if they are the AirPods Pro 2nd generation (or later) you should be able to pick your case in the Find My app.

Find your lost AirPods with Find My

1. On your iPhone, open Find My.
2. In Devices, choose your AirPods. If your AirPods are out of the case, you might have to pick the left bud or right bud. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation) or later, you can also pick the case.
3. Find your AirPods on the map.
- If they aren't near you, tap Get Directions to open their location in Maps.
- If you're nearby, tap Play Sound and listen for the series of beeps.
- Depending on your AirPods and iPhone, you might also see an option to Find Nearby. Tap it, wait for your AirPods to connect to your iPhone, then follow the prompts to find your AirPods.

Your iPhone might take longer than expected to connect to your AirPods to play a sound or find nearby.
If you don't have an iPhone or other Apple device to use Find My, you can also find your AirPods at iCloud.com/find — but the experience might be different and some functionality might not be available.

If they aren't an AirPods Pro 2nd generation (or later) set, then you won't be able to use Find My to find just the case. We hope this information helps.

Best regards.

I lost my AirPod case how could I find it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.