Damaged mother board

It happened a few weeks ago, when my ipad started randomly turning off even at full percent.

After a day it completely shut down and started switching between the Apple logo and just a dark screen. I was very upset that I couldn’t turn it on again and I blamed it on the full storage.

I then took it to the Apple Store and they couldn’t turn it on nor could reset the data, it let to a conclusion that the iPads mother board has been damaged and it will never turn on again unless I paid 1000’s to repair it.

But even if I repaired the mother board will the data be reset or not? And if the damage cause was the full storage could I possibly just transfer the data to another iPad?

i don’t need the files that were in my iPad since the most important thing to me were the apps I used and if the data is completely gone then I don’t want to recover it.

Please someone tell me any possible way of regaining the old data in my iPad.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 11:30 AM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2023 11:54 AM in response to Oskaboska

Unless you are able to restart your iPad to a running state - and successfully enter your Passcode - you'll not be able to recover any data from your iPad.

iPadOS uses an encrypted filesystem. Successful entry of your iPad Passcode unlocks the iPad's security chip within which the only copy of the encryption keys - that are required to access and decrypt your data - are stored.

Unless you have a pre-existing backup of your locally stored data, anything stored on your inoperable iPad will remain beyond reach. However, any data that has been synchronised with iCloud may still be accessible from iCloud itself:

https://icloud.com

If you value your data, always keep a backup.

As for purchased Apps, these are permanently associated with the AppleID account from which they were purchased. As long as the App remains available - and is compatible with a replacement or repaired iPad - the App can be downloaded and re-installed.

Damaged mother board

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.