iPhone- Apple Card 0%

I’m in the Apple iPhone upgrade program where I upgraded to an iPhone 14 last year. During the year I switched to Spectrum Mobile for my service.

I want to get the iPhone 15, but not in the Upgrade program because I don’t want to switch to one of the big 3 carriers.

I saw that if you purchase an Apple product on there you get 0% monthly financing with the Apple Card.

When I go to purchase the phone using the card, there’s no indication I’m getting 0%. I contacted Apple to ask why and I keep getting conflicting answers.

Some have said I can’t get 0% unless I signup with one of the big 3 carriers. Another agent said that once I purchase the phone with Apple Card I will get 0% financing and then set it up as a monthly payment in my Apple Wallet.

Anyone know what the answer is? Thanks

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2023 1:29 PM

You can no longer use the interest-free Monthly Installments option except with the 3 carriers. See the following from footnote 2 in Products you can buy from Apple with Apple Card Monthly Installments - Apple Support

You’ll need to select AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon as your carrier when you check out. An iPhone purchased with ACMI is always unlocked, so you can switch carriers at any time. 

Also note that you must select the Monthly Installments option at checkout. You cannot set it up later.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2023 1:29 PM in response to RPS2020

You can no longer use the interest-free Monthly Installments option except with the 3 carriers. See the following from footnote 2 in Products you can buy from Apple with Apple Card Monthly Installments - Apple Support

You’ll need to select AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon as your carrier when you check out. An iPhone purchased with ACMI is always unlocked, so you can switch carriers at any time. 

Also note that you must select the Monthly Installments option at checkout. You cannot set it up later.

May 12, 2024 9:03 AM in response to FoxFifth

This is a great way to alienate consumers. I can’t afford to purchase an iPhone without financing, and I can’t afford to switch carriers and get trapped by a contract with one of the big 3. I need a new phone because mine is broken. Guess I’m going to have to purchase a “new” iPhone through Amazon where I can still get financing options.

May 12, 2024 9:08 AM in response to molecularmustache

molecularmustache wrote:

This is a great way to alienate consumers. I can’t afford to purchase an iPhone without financing, and I can’t afford to switch carriers and get trapped by a contract with one of the big 3. I need a new phone because mine is broken. Guess I’m going to have to purchase a “new” iPhone through Amazon where I can still get financing options.

If you read the above posts, you can still do this with the Apple Card. Yes, you'll choose one of the three carriers at checkout, but you are NOT locked into any of the three carriers and can then choose whichever carrier you want, including Spectrum.

May 13, 2024 7:26 AM in response to Jeff Donald

I understand that they haven’t changed since this post was made. I cannot get 0% apr on any iPhone purchase unless I already have an account with or am willing to switch to a big 3 wireless carrier. Otherwise, the purchase has to go on credit. The other financing option has interest equal or greater than putting the purchase on Apple Card.

May 13, 2024 7:37 AM in response to molecularmustache

A lot has changed. You can finance at 0% for 24 months via Apple Card Mastercard. If you want the 3% Daily Cash back, you’ll need to either purchase in Apple Retail store or by calling Apple or purchasing on line at Apple.com/store and having it shipped. There are other options, but purchasing from Apple maximizes your Daily Cash.

The iPhone you receive will not be under contract and will not be locked to a carrier. You will have to bypass the carrier activation request screen.

iPhone- Apple Card 0%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.