Name Change on icloud doesn't reflect change

I went about adding an alias to my icloud account after changing my last name following my marriage. My old email address was firstnameOldlastname@icloud.com, and my new alias that I used is firstname.newlastname@icloud.com. That's great, it shows the email address, however, the name listed with the email is still the old last name. I have gone into the settings on icloud.com and changed the name associated with it, and continue to have this issue. I've changed it on my phone, on my macbook, and at icloud.com, and all reflect the new last name. The only place it shows the old last name is when emails are sent.

Does anyone know why this might be happening, or how to fix it?

Posted on Feb 28, 2024 10:41 AM

4 replies

May 15, 2024 12:06 PM in response to maxie273

I had the same issue for a long time. I had changed my name everywhere i found possible, but when sending an email it showed my old name. I did some more research and found a way to change it. From browser icloud mail I opened settings (top left), my account and primary address. There I found that my old username was still being used and changed that. Now it shows the right name when sending an email.

May 15, 2024 12:58 PM in response to veera249

I had already changed this as well, but my updated name is not being reflected correctly on the receiving end of my emails. The receiver sees my old married name auto-populated, not the new name associated with my account or what i've changed it to in all the areas I could find through icloud account changes and setting changes. It's really frustrating!

Name Change on icloud doesn't reflect change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.