Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

10.4 battery drain excessive series 9 watch after update

after updating to 10.4 on series 9 watch battery drain is awful. I can get it to last the first day, shut it down and turn on next day and battery just dies within a few hours. Goes from 64% to 50% in a matter of minutes. Fitness does not recognize that I have stood for my minute either. have to charge it in the morning which defeats the purpose

Apple Watch Series 9

Posted on Mar 13, 2024 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2024 9:42 PM

This has been a huge problem for me. I've removed apps, done everything I can think to do and my Series 9 watch w 10.4 update STILL drains within hours! I've tried to Power Off (and that wasn't easy!) and still have an issue. PLUS my watch seems to get awfully hot for some reason at times. Does anyone have any idea how this can be resolved or if it's a known issue?

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2024 9:42 PM in response to pdalper

This has been a huge problem for me. I've removed apps, done everything I can think to do and my Series 9 watch w 10.4 update STILL drains within hours! I've tried to Power Off (and that wasn't easy!) and still have an issue. PLUS my watch seems to get awfully hot for some reason at times. Does anyone have any idea how this can be resolved or if it's a known issue?

May 14, 2024 9:01 PM in response to pdalper

After the most recent update, my Apple Watch (7) battery started to drain rapidly and would t hold a charge through one day. Thinking it was the watch, I bought the 9 series and am experiencing the same thing. My husband has not updated his Watch 9 series and his battery lasts 2-3/charge.

Apple meeds to fix this. It’s unreasonable to spend this much on a watch that cant even last one day. I get home from work and have to charge it before working out so I can use the fitness tracking apps.

Ive been diligent about closing apps throughout the day, but theres been no improvement—- and I didnt close any apps before the update and my battery lasted.

10.4 battery drain excessive series 9 watch after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.