Several HomeKit scenes not being performed when asking Siri through HomePod mini

Despite the many issues I have had with the HomePod minis and 3rd party smart devices, they previously worked relatively flawlessly once I switched to HomeKit-compatible devices. I recently discovered that several of my scenes are not running (sometimes being ignored or sometimes followed by Siri stating there is a problem); however, they run when triggered through my iPhone. For one of them, "Turn String Lights On," the HomePod would not run the scene until I created a separate shortcut and changed the name to something else. Also, has anyone else had the same issues I have had with Siri often ignoring any attempt to trigger a shortcut (or scene) until the 3rd or 4th time you repeat yourself?

I appreciate any help since I would really prefer to be able to use the HomePods for something other than a home stereo system.

HomePod mini, 17

Posted on Mar 28, 2024 5:09 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Several HomeKit scenes not being performed when asking Siri through HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.