Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to solve the "password lockout" problem in April 2024?

Yesterday I was given an Apple Vision Pro, but my joy didn't last long: after 15 minutes AVP required me to enter passcode (instead of Optic ID), but the password I created didn't work for some reason. I couldn't have forgotten it, because it's the same as on my Iphone.

This problem can be solved by visiting the Apple Store. But I'm not in the US and I'm not likely to be able to get there.

According to posts on the Apple forum, Apple Store employees use Developer Strap to solve this problem and reset Apple Vision Pro to factory settings: How to Reset Vision Pro After Password Lo… - Apple Community

- If I buy the Developer Strap, can I reset my Apple Vision Pro using my Macbook?

- How else can I solve this problem without going to Apple Store USA? Will resetting the device through contacting tech support help?

P.S. I am aware that this problem has been resolved in the new version of VisionOS, but I have no way to install it

Apple Vision Pro

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 3:55 AM

There are no replies.

How to solve the "password lockout" problem in April 2024?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.