Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

the find my app is missing on my macbook sonora 14.4.1, how may I get it back?

how may i reload it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 4:32 PM

8 replies

May 1, 2024 8:54 AM in response to bradshawK1TE

bradshawK1TE wrote:

it "feels" like "find my" is opening, and exiting; I am a linux and raspberry pico guy, I am unfamiliar with where to find error or meaningful crash reports. The "Find My" blackbox, so to speak.

If the app did crash, it should show a dialog allowing you to view the error report, like seen below:

I'd try signing out and back in to your account (which includes Find My) - Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, this might be a problem for Apple Support:

May 1, 2024 6:25 PM in response to bradshawK1TE

bradshawK1TE wrote:

To review
I removed Find My (bad idea)
I resotored Senoma 14.4.1
I just logged out of my apple id then back in
At this point Find My came up for about 30 seconds, then exited, no message
following the 30 seconds, Find My is back to opening and immediately closing no message

What is the next step. Find My had run flawless liy for 5 months on the mac book until my current dilemma.

Interesting, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I would contact Apple Support at this point. Sorry I couldn't help more.

May 2, 2024 9:09 AM in response to bradshawK1TE

bradshawK1TE wrote:

on the contrary, you have been, are, an amazing teacher. I just got through a number of amazing recovery techniques, I am in your debt.

Many thanks. Gratitude is always appreciated.

Is thee a best place, phone number, email to approach formal apple support? I continue with apple care for the hardware, does apple care continue into a "Find My" software app problem?

It should be fine regardless of channel- if there's a more appropriate department for your issue they'll transfer you to the correct one. The phone number would probably accomplish this the fastest though - 1-800-APLCARE

May 1, 2024 4:36 AM in response to -Bubba-

I had removed it at the suggestion of a "knowledgable friend"

I followed the instructions above and did a sonora reinstall, thank you very much, good overnight excercise.

-------- now, watching carefully, in applications CTL CLICK "find my" See it open and close in about a second.

is there a prudent next step. I believe I will avoid the "knowledgable friend" until this is resolved and I can share the succes path.

it "feels" like "find my" is opening, and exiting; I am a linux and raspberry pico guy, I am unfamiliar with where to find error or meaningful crash reports. The "Find My" blackbox, so to speak.

Thanks

[Edited by Moderator]

May 1, 2024 10:54 AM in response to bradshawK1TE

I really appreciate the time and support.

The Find My is working great on a new iPad, and an old iPad as well.

iCloud find my devices but I wish to watch a freind, AirTags and my devices some shared with a coup;le of biddies.

========

To review

I removed Find My (bad idea)

I resotored Senoma 14.4.1

I just logged out of my apple id then back in

At this point Find My came up for about 30 seconds, then exited, no message

following the 30 seconds, Find My is back to opening and immediately closing no message

the iPad (s) are working great for 1 friend, 4 AirTags, and 6 Mac books, Mac mini and ipads at home

What is the next step. Find My had run flawless liy for 5 months on the mac book until my current dilemma.

May 2, 2024 5:27 AM in response to bradshawK1TE

on the contrary, you have been, are, an amazing teacher. I just got through a number of amazing recovery techniques, I am in your debt.

Is thee a best place, phone number, email to approach formal apple support? I continue with apple care for the hardware, does apple care continue into a "Find My" software app problem?

I am sure it will turn into "customer error" it always is, I just dont see it, or the fix yet.

tnx.

the find my app is missing on my macbook sonora 14.4.1, how may I get it back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.