Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to turn off Find My in an iPhone that is iCloud locked?

I have a iPhone that is iCloud locked. I don’t have access to the email and password anymore but I do know the passcode of my phone. I also logged in with my other Apple ID but I can’t seem to be able to turn find my iPhone off. Where can I find the option to turn it off? Any help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 7:43 PM

You will not be able to use the device without the password information. You do not need access to the email address, but you do need to know the name and the password. There are 3 options to reset the password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Since you do not have the original receipt, that makes it not possible to be able to remove the Activation Lock using the steps provided by Apple. You can use this link to contact Apple, but there really is no other option than what has already been provided.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2024 7:43 PM in response to Tshr20

You will not be able to use the device without the password information. You do not need access to the email address, but you do need to know the name and the password. There are 3 options to reset the password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Since you do not have the original receipt, that makes it not possible to be able to remove the Activation Lock using the steps provided by Apple. You can use this link to contact Apple, but there really is no other option than what has already been provided.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

May 1, 2024 6:54 AM in response to Tshr20

Tshr20 wrote:

I don’t have access to that Apple ID and password anymore. I’m also from a foreign country and we don’t have apple stores here. Only things I have is the box and papers that came with my phone. Big phone resellers buy the phones somewhere else and sell them here hence we don’t get the official apple receipts etc. I do have the passcode to that iPhone and I logged in on my other Apple ID via that phone. Also how can I directly contact apple? I tried something and it didn’t work and I can’t call them. Do they have a separate email?

The phone is useless to you. Try to return it to the seller if you can. If you can't, recycle it responsibly.

Apr 30, 2024 7:13 PM in response to Tshr20

Tshr20 wrote:

I have a iPhone that is iCloud locked. I don’t have access to the email and password anymore but I do know the passcode of my phone. I also logged in with my other Apple ID but I can’t seem to be able to turn find my iPhone off. Where can I find the option to turn it off? Any help?

If you do not know the Apple ID and password that the phone is locked to, you can't turn off the Activation Lock.

If you're the original purchaser of the phone and you have proof of purchase, contact Apple and they may be able to help.

May 1, 2024 8:09 AM in response to Tshr20

Tshr20 wrote:

is there a specific email I can contact them with? There is not an option where I can tell them what actually happened. I can’t call them because my country’s number is not supported.

If you don't have the original receipt, don't bother trying to contact Apple. They will not remove the activation lock without that receipt.

Apr 30, 2024 7:31 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you for responding,

I don’t have access to that Apple ID and password anymore. I’m also from a foreign country and we don’t have apple stores here. Only things I have is the box and papers that came with my phone. Big phone resellers buy the phones somewhere else and sell them here hence we don’t get the official apple receipts etc. I do have the passcode to that iPhone and I logged in on my other Apple ID via that phone. Also how can I directly contact apple? I tried something and it didn’t work and I can’t call them. Do they have a separate email?

How to turn off Find My in an iPhone that is iCloud locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.