Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

New Phone asking for old Apple ID

I have two phones, a new one and an old one. I have my old one to my dad and erased all my data. His Apple is logged into that phone now. However, when I go to update his apps for him, it asks for my Apple ID. I gave the password for my Apple ID. His Apple ID is still being used on that phone. Does this mean my data is on his phone? Like photos?

Posted on Apr 30, 2024 10:37 PM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 10:59 AM in response to Shi675

Shi675 wrote:

I have two phones, a new one and an old one. I have my old one to my dad and erased all my data. His Apple is logged into that phone now. However, when I go to update his apps for him, it asks for my Apple ID. I gave the password for my Apple ID. His Apple ID is still being used on that phone. Does this mean my data is on his phone? Like photos?

You did this before you gave him your old phone? See here What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac - Apple Support

New Phone asking for old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.