Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unable to update iOS

Hi this is a weird one . I could t upload the newest iOS as I needed 7gigs( ridiculous)

I thought well that’s it I can’t be bothered to lose photo's and reams of apps , so o left it and thought it will grind to a halt and il get a new one ( I was planning to next year) I removed a few apps to no avail and forgot about it This was 3?weeks ago

suddenly I look today and it has auto uploaded!🤷‍♂️ is this Apple trying it on to get us to purchase storage then giving up after a certain time and installing anyway?

would not put it past them

iPhone SE, iOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 7:57 AM

1 reply

May 1, 2024 8:45 AM in response to Kitty0071

No. Apple does not try to get you to do anything. Conspiracy theories will get you nowhere.

If there was finally enough space to install, it will install. There can be a number of things that caused there to be enough room to install.

Including you removal of whatever it is you deleted that took a while to actually release the space, and then it took a longer while for it to try to install again and be able to because there was enough space to do so.

Unable to update iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.