Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Apple Pay asking to verify my card even after verifying once

I have a new bank account. Removed old car from iPhone wallet. Added new card ok. Asked for verification so I followed instructions and my bank confirmed it had verified my new card, but in the wallet it’s still asking for card verification. The bank will not do it again, as they’ve already done it. What now?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on May 1, 2024 1:21 PM

2 replies

May 1, 2024 2:12 PM in response to janfromleicester

From my experience you need to perhaps visit a branch of your bank and have a representative navigate through their bank’s organization finding the people that actually execute the verification process to the point that you see the card on your iPhone being ready for Apple Pay. Have with you not only the Card you are going to use in the Wallet but also your Identification such that the people in the branch are assured of your being the account owner. Different banks have different processes in authorizing their cards for Apple Pay use. Some do it anytime, any day including weekends, while others only do the verification on business days within normal business hours. With you personally being on site at their facility it’s going to be difficult for them to send you off without solving the problem. Don’t get me wrong, you could call them again, get a different representative and they solve it right away. Good luck!

Apple Pay asking to verify my card even after verifying once

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.