iCloud 4k videos download problems

Hello, I have 4k videos in my iCloud and when I downloaded them to my PC, they downloaded as compressed files. I already clicked the 3 dots and downloaded them using the unmodified original option, and every other option available and they're still downloading as compressed files.

This never happened to me in the past.

I have been logging into my iCloud.com account to download the files.

Is this a bug? Hope to hear back, thanks.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 5, 2024 11:39 AM

2 replies

May 14, 2024 8:14 PM in response to LokeyMD

Same thing is happening to me, I have been publishing to You tube 4k videos for about a year now, have had no problems downloading from my I cloud to my PC over 50 4k videos downloaded then published until about a week ago. Now no matter what I do everything is 720, to make my point even stronger the videos that I already downloaded before this happened that are in 4k now when I download the same file from I cloud the new downloads all come out to 720 now so it is not my computer. Even if so I used a brand new latest I mac pro which I also have and the same problem. So no downloading icloud "app" or using a iMac will change anything, I am at a total loss, apple really needs to answer this question because I have scoured the internet for your specific question and it has NEVER been answered or even replied back to. As soon as you tell support yes I clicked the button and downloaded original they stop responding instantly. I suggest getting in touch with official apple support by either calling the number or directly via icloud support over the web from applesupport website.

iCloud 4k videos download problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.