Disable Auto-Fill of new Calendar events

When I try to enter a new event into calendar, if it has a common title, like "go to dentist", Calendar will autofill details, like the date and time, using the info from a previous event. For example, if I want to make a dentist appointment for next week, as I am writing the word "dentist", old info from say, a past year, will autofill: Tuesday 9AM, blah blah 2012.

This is useless. Is there a way to stop this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 7, 2024 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2024 2:10 PM

Sadly, the Apple Support Community Forums have recently been over-run by AI / LMM / ChatBots.

AI / LLM is basically a Super Version of Predictive Text which is based upon a Data Set.

When that Data Set is based upon Older Data Points, the outcome of the response will be equally Out Dated and unreliable

AI is also the newest from for Data Mining by Large Corporations.

Suggest being very careful about this.

Some suggestions can be incorrect, misinformed , incomplete, impossible to do, out right wrong and may supply outdated links that are no longer relevant to current conditions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2024 2:10 PM in response to Jon H.

Sadly, the Apple Support Community Forums have recently been over-run by AI / LMM / ChatBots.

AI / LLM is basically a Super Version of Predictive Text which is based upon a Data Set.

When that Data Set is based upon Older Data Points, the outcome of the response will be equally Out Dated and unreliable

AI is also the newest from for Data Mining by Large Corporations.

Suggest being very careful about this.

Some suggestions can be incorrect, misinformed , incomplete, impossible to do, out right wrong and may supply outdated links that are no longer relevant to current conditions

May 23, 2024 2:06 PM in response to PRP_53

Yeah, I figured as much. I just get a little kick by challenging the AI with a follow up question.

I don't know how long you've been in the discussions forums, but there was a time when it was generally visited by caring, (mostly) well-meaning folks who had actual answers. Now it's all the same: "I see you are having a problem with __X__. First, try these obviously unnecessary/unrelated tasks, then click this link." .... really seems unnecessary with all the apple-heads out there who really do want to help.

Disable Auto-Fill of new Calendar events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.