Exporting audio only from iMovie

I'm looking for tips for exporting audio tracks only, from a movie clip with audio track, in iMovie. I will answer two ways below, which hopefully others can expand on.

Rant: Please, Apple, find another way to organise your community. Keep threads open and don't close them from lack of replies. Every time I come here I have to scroll through hundreds or thousands of matches to my searches, which I just don't have the time for. Who does? Do you? Other internet communities (especially the Stack Exchange ones) keep their questions together by having rules about not repeating questions, so you can search a topic and find all the accumulated answers in on place. Please!!!!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.6

Posted on May 9, 2024 6:52 PM

1 reply

May 9, 2024 7:03 PM in response to polydigm

So far I use the dialog brought up by File Menu/Share/File... command, choosing Format: Audio Only and whichever Format: option I require.

You can also click on a clip and use the File Menu/Reveal in Finder command, and open it with Quicktime and use the export options there, it only seems to give an m4a format with no choice of options or other formats.

Exporting audio only from iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.