Some software instruments not making a sound in Logic Pro X

When selecting/previewing instruments in the library library, some instruments are playing as expected yet other software instruments are not making any noise. The level meters are moving as if there was sound coming out, but no noise is made. Yet the next instrument will come through loud and clear.

This is selecting an instrument in preview. Some instruments work fine so it's not an issue of muted tracks and such.

For Example: If I select Fingerstyle Bass or Liverpool Bass, I'll hear nothing as I'm pressing keys. Yet, I go down to the Upright Studio Bass, and I hear the instrument as expected. In Vintage Mellotron, I select Flute, and no noise. I select Flutes right below, and I hear an instrument as expected.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.4

Posted on May 11, 2024 2:23 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 10:11 AM in response to discosammy

that's interesting. I'm not having any issue trying the same instruments. One thing to do is have you mixer in view and see if the Stereo Out is showing activity.

Oh, also if you are using the up/down arrow keys to select an instrument, you could accidentally be changing tracks instead which is why all of a sudden you stop hearing your previews. Your arrow keys will select the last place you physically clicked with your mouse/trackpad.

Some software instruments not making a sound in Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.