How to grant app permissions on my updated iPhone

Non of my apps like Instagram,whatsapp...,dosent have a option of allowing to access photos camera and mic my iPhone is on the latest update

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 12, 2024 2:58 AM

1 reply

May 13, 2024 12:52 AM in response to yasamin225

Hi yasamin225

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: "How to grant app permissions on my updated iPhone: Non of my apps like Instagram,whatsapp...,

dosent have a option of allowing to access photos camera and mic my iPhone is on the latest update"

Thank you kindly for letting us know that you are using the latest iOS 17 version!

You can review which apps have requested access to these hardware features, and you can change their access at your discretion: Apple Support's online article: Control access to hardware features on iPhone - Apple Support

says:

Eg: "Review or change access to the camera, microphone, and other hardware features

1. Go to Settings  > Privacy & Security.
  2. Tap a hardware feature, such as Camera, Bluetooth, Local Network, or Microphone.

The list shows the apps that requested access. You can turn access on or off for any app on the list.

Note: Whenever an app uses the camera (including when the camera and microphone are used together), a green indicator appears. An orange indicator appears at the top of the screen whenever an app uses the microphone without the camera. Also, a message appears at the top of Control Center to inform you when an app has recently used either."

All the best :-)

How to grant app permissions on my updated iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.