Apple Podcast Connect: Not uploading mp3 file

Hi guys!

I have been trying to upload my mp3 file. When uploading, it says it has been 100% processed and uploaded. When I go look after, there is not an episode present. I have tried different types of audio files, old files that I have preivously uploaded and I get the same result. It will not upload the file to be published even though it says it has been 100% processed.

See below where I am talking about. Any ideas?

Posted on May 12, 2024 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2024 6:41 AM

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried contacting apple podcast support but haven't heard anything back yet. No matter what I try, the file will upload 100% and then when I scroll down to see the audio, nothing is there. Very weird and I have troubleshot the issue in every way I can think of. At a loss here.

33 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2024 6:41 AM in response to kiefer48

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried contacting apple podcast support but haven't heard anything back yet. No matter what I try, the file will upload 100% and then when I scroll down to see the audio, nothing is there. Very weird and I have troubleshot the issue in every way I can think of. At a loss here.

May 12, 2024 10:04 PM in response to kiefer48

I have this same problem. I don't have a solution, but I have at least some more insight for whoever might be able to help debug this. This problem persists no matter how I encode the MP3 (192 or 160), with metadata in the file or not, no matter which browser - and from multiple computers.

The thing that makes me think this is an Apple problem is the error I can find, and reproduce. In Safari, in the Develop menu, I can open the Web Inspector. I switch over to the Network tab within there, and go through the usual upload process. As the upload happens, I can scroll lower in the network activity showing there. Lots of successful connections are made to various domains (including some that if you click on, show the web address of the new file on Apple's server, with a GUID-based name). However, when the upload "finishes", each time there is an error (highlighted in red) at the bottom of that list of successful connections. You can click on it, and for me it shows this JSON response:

{
    "type": "UNKNOWN_PODMC_EXCEPTION",
    "locKey": "ITC.PCC.ServerErrors.UNKNOWN_ERROR"
}

Any amount of searching shows me this is a configuration issue on a server, and not because I've done something wrong. But I'd be happy to be wrong. I can only hope for some additional assistance on this that doesn't involve the basics of re-encoding the file.

May 21, 2024 10:24 AM in response to kiefer48

SOLVED!

I've been having the exact same issue and I received this from support:

"In researching this further, we found that you would need to complete your agreement and DSA compliance requirements in the Business section of Apple Podcasts Connect. Once this has been completed, you would then be able to upload your audio."

At first it asks you for a DUNNS number but you can skip forward and just register as an individual. I didn't need to put in my bank account but I did have to use my social security number or if you have a tax ID number. I was then able to upload the audio files. Just make sure you complete all the steps it asks under the Business tab.

May 12, 2024 8:38 AM in response to kiefer48

It's not completely clear what you are doing. If you are making a free podcast and not paying a subscritipn to Apple you upload a feed (text file in a specific format) which references the mp3 files, not upload the files themselves. If you require help with this you need to post the URL of your feed.

From the image you posted it suggest you may be paying the subscription fee to join the Apple Podcaster's program, where you can ask subscribers to pay for your podcast. In this case you do upload the media files, but they must be WAV or FLAC. If you need help with this you need to approach Podcasts Support as I have no access to your podcast. https://podcastsconnect.apple.com/contact-us

May 13, 2024 6:57 AM in response to autisticthrifter

Further to my previous post, MP3 files are in fact allowed (this is a recent change). MP3 files can be mono if required, but WAV or FLAC files must be stereo or double-mono (i.e. left and right channels identical). https://podcasters.apple.com/support/893-audio-requirements

However the current issue does sound like a server problem, and only Apple can fix that.

Apple Podcast Connect: Not uploading mp3 file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.