Am I able to crop in Final Cut Pro to a specific size?

Hi all, I'm editing videos on Final Cut Pro on Mac but for to fit Phones. So I would like to crop the video for an iPhone screen size.

I see that you can crop and trim video on fcp but is there a possibility to crop for a particular size?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air (2018 – 2020)

Posted on May 13, 2024 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2024 6:24 AM

You can make a project with custom size, so it can be anything you like.

There are iPhone screens of different sizes, though. I don’t see the point, but if you want to match some particular screen size, you certainly can.

9 replies

May 13, 2024 6:21 AM in response to Mariokart

If you’re making a video for iPhone you normally use the project resolution to create the “crop.” The simplest way is to create a vertical project that’s 1080x1920, or some other form of 9:16.

You didn’t say what stage of the process you’re in. If you’ve already edited in a standard widescreen format, FCP has a function to duplicate the project and convert it to social media format, i.e for vertical display.

May 15, 2024 3:19 PM in response to Mariokart

Hello all, (hello again)

I am just playing around with FCP, I havent used the tool in about 8 year and I am starting again to use it frequently.

Anyway, I am a bit off topic here but if I have a clip and I "collapse audio components", somehow the sound is still linked to the movie track, I would like to move the sound independently from the film track? Is there a way to do so? before I used to be able.

UPDATE: I Managed, everything is alright.

Am I able to crop in Final Cut Pro to a specific size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.