After updating from ios 15 to 17 on ipad 9th gen, notifications aren’t popping down and look weird and i swear opened app and apple logos are off center

I have a 9th gen ipad that’s been on ios 15 until a few hours ago. I decided to update to ios 17 because an app i wanted needed ios 16. While it was showing the apple symbol and progress bar the screen suddenly went black before turning back on to show the symbol and bar now sideways. That’s not the issue. The issue is now on ios 17 my notifications aren’t displaying properly. Discord shows fine every time, but, my other notifications like my games and X only show up some of the time. I will only hear a faint easy to miss ding meaning i got one and i have to swipe down to see them despite having it set so they show up as banners. Not only that but when i swipe down, i have the notification center on bottom and the new notis on top which bugs me. When my device is asleep, the notifications also stay at the bottom of the screen and don’t seem to rise (tho maybe i should double check that when i wake up tomorrow)How do i fix all this? Also, this might just be me, but also i swear the apple logo and other logos when they pop up on screen are off center towards the right. I noticed my notifications when i open X would always be pushed to the right before i updated the app and after a restart to try to fix the issues, i noticed this

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on May 13, 2024 9:56 PM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 12:37 PM in response to LotusPilot

Ok, so i did that and: i found a new setting in notifications that changes how they are (generally) presented. I changed it to “list” and that solved the notifications being squeezed at the bottom while on lock screen. As for my apps, all the notification settings are the same as they were on ios 15. There doesn’t seem to be anything that will fix the banners not popping down(except in certain apps or just randomly working).

There’s also something else i didn’t mention: i thought i fixed it by updating the app, but apparently i didn’t. Updating to ios 17 gave my X a new bug where every now and then when i open it, the notifications tab will have the text of every noti pushed far to the right(which is not normal). Do you think the whole “screen going black mid update then turning back on to show it updating sideways” thing is a sign that something went wrong with the update? Also also: this new notification sound is getting SUPER annoying, but, i can’t get rid of it because then i won’t know if there are any notifications unless they specifically pop down(which is kind of rare) i am hoping there are no other bugs i don’t know about

After updating from ios 15 to 17 on ipad 9th gen, notifications aren’t popping down and look weird and i swear opened app and apple logos are off center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.