I want to create this text look on the screen

Hey, I want to create this exact text look on the screen, with the black behind it. If you know what that font is even better . Looking just like this picture . Not hard I'm sure ??? Please help

Posted on May 14, 2024 1:26 AM

10 replies

May 14, 2024 3:41 AM in response to tboy76

Looking just like this picture.

I would like you to clarify what kind of layout (design) you want in the end.

Q: Do you want to use a photo of a man? Want to paste text on another photo?

- This is an example -

1. Apply a shape mask to the text part of the man's photo and cut it out.

2. Overlay step 1 on top of the blue sky photo.

3. Change the blend mode of 1. from standard to screen.

I don't really understand what you want to do. Are you looking for fonts? Want to reuse the same text as your photo?

May 14, 2024 4:50 PM in response to tboy76

The font appears to be Aristotelica Pro Text Condensed - Regular. [A tad pricey for my taste...] Note the distinctive lower-case 'w'. None of the "knock-off" lookalikes use that feature so if that's the look you're going for, you're going to need to pay for the font.

The Scheme font which comes with FCP is the nearest freely available font followed by Andale Mono and Monaco (System Fonts).

The Neon 80s font (https://www.dafont.com/neon-80s.font) has rounded edges and the "short" M and might make a good substitute as well:

I built a Title template ("Info Bar 2") that will do this for you. [Default font set to Scheme.]

Free download (for a limited time):

https://fcpxtemplates.com/?sdm_process_download=1&download_id=30202

Let me know when you've downloaded it. TIA

The Title can be animated with the Start In, End In, Start Out and End Out controls (timing is in % of the length of the time of the title). Background Color and its Opacity are under your control and defaults to solid black. There is a "padding" control to allow you to vary the height of the background.

If you don't want animation, set the End In and Start Out parameters to 0 and 100 respectively.

The size of the background will always match the size of the font and always "set" at the bottom of the screen (no matter how much padding you add ;) It will also accommodate "multiline" text.

If you need help installing this Title, please see:

https://fcpxtemplates.com/installing-plugins-for-fcpx/

HTH

May 15, 2024 12:32 AM in response to tboy76

tboy76 wrote:

The 'solids category'??Sorry, can you explain more please?

Troy

You will be better served by using the title that Fox generously provided, but here is how you'd do this with FCP alone.

1) Open the Generators and Titles browser,

2) (if necessary) click the disclosure triangle to expand the Generators

3) Click "Solids"

4) Drag the "Custom" generator to your timeline.

Your timeline may end up similar to this. Note how Trim was applied to the Custom generator (it would fill the screen otherwise). Also, I lowered the Opacity a tad. If you want the black to be fully opaque, leave it at 100%.

May 15, 2024 12:37 AM in response to tboy76

I think you've answered it

Q1: Do you want to enter the same characters in the same font?

Q2: Do you want to enter different characters in the same font?

Q3: Do you want to reuse parts of images that have black backgrounds and white text?

Your explanation was not clear. You still haven't answered my question clearly. Please answer accurately as the methods are different. Which of Q1 to Q3 would you like to do?

My example is the answer to Q1 and 3. Fonts are not necessary as it only processes images. If you want to add a black bar, just insert Generator:Custom between the mask clip and the blue sky clip.

Can you possibly change your screen shots to English ?

I'm using the Japanese version, so I can't change it. That's why you can see that I'm going out of my way to add English to the necessary parts, right? Menus and parameters are basically the same in any language, so please replace them.

May 14, 2024 7:52 PM in response to LocaAlicia

OK, I think you've answered it, but your screen shots have all their Final Cut screen shots in another language, Chinese or Japanese or something. What you've done in the top screen shot is what I want to do , have a black bar at the bottom of the screen with text over the top. Can you possibly change your screen shots to English ?

I want to create this text look on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.