FCPX - Audio disappears in preview and export intermittently even though wave forms are shown

I am having a big problem with Final Cut Pro X. I am re-editing a number of videos I edited more than 12 months ago. All I am doing is adding intro and end screens, but sections of audio keep disappearing in parts of the video. The wave forms still show so the audio seems to be there but you can't hear it in preview or the exported file.

I am using a mac mini with Sonoma 14.4.1. The version of FCPX is 10.7.1.

Please help I am about to ditch FCPX as this issue makes it unusable for me.

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on May 14, 2024 1:48 AM

3 replies

May 15, 2024 10:34 AM in response to JudeHughes

I recently tried editing from scratch and still had the problem.

There are other things to do in addition to what Tom said. Please move all edited content to the new library and separate it from the library with the problem.

Please refer to the link for how to do it.

Move to new library

There may be a problem with the media itself, so please show us a screenshot that shows the waveform. Also, if you share a sample of your media, you can test it in another user's environment.

Upload the sample to WeTransfer .com and send it to yourself →Please post the link you obtained.

May 14, 2024 5:59 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I tried those steps and the problem is still there. Could it have anything to do with the fact I am using proxy files for 4K footage? I have bee working on these files for a long time now and have not had the problem up until now. It is only affecting three projects out of 13. I recently tried editing from scratch and still had the problem.

FCPX - Audio disappears in preview and export intermittently even though wave forms are shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.