Photos uploading to Icloud

Hi, I am trying my 100gb photos + videos to be backed up to icloud+ after buying extra storage 200gb. However, after hours of uploading, it seems uploading is stuck up. What to do. Hardly 2gb photos are uploaded.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 14, 2024 5:58 AM

3 replies

May 14, 2024 6:34 AM in response to sapan0512

Having trouble syncing photos to iCloud?

• Check your internet connection: A stable Wi-Fi connection is essential for smooth syncing.
  • Enough iCloud storage: Uploading photos requires storage space in iCloud. If you're nearing your limit, syncing might be paused.

For clarification regarding the term "uploading":

• iCloud Photos and iCloud Drive are separate features. iCloud Photos syncs your photos across devices, while iCloud Drive stores any type of file when uploaded. Both require a good internet connection.

May 14, 2024 10:50 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your help. But I recently purchased 200GB storage and its barely 21 gb used. Also the phone is connected with stable wi-fi connection. Overnight i kept it connected with wi-fi, and in morning i saw the sync is automatically paused. Throughout the day its very very slow. I cld upload hardly 250 photos & 7 videos (amounting to 4.8gb) in almost 24 hours.

Photos uploading to Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.