Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to connect Replacement AirPod Pro 2 to my Apple ID?

"Last summer, I bought the AirPods Pro 2, initially linked them to a friend's phone, then re-linked them to my own Apple ID. I used them for several months but lost the left earbud on the road, where it was hit by a car. In desperation, I clicked 'Forget Device' without knowing I could buy a replacement earbud separately. Later, I learned about this option, bought a replacement, but when trying to connect, I received a message saying the device isn't mine. I have attached a screenshot of the notification."

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 14, 2024 11:56 AM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 3:47 AM in response to Flesh-30

Try this

1. Put both AirPods in your charging case.
  2. Connect the case to a power source, close the lid and wait 20 minutes.
  3. Open the lid and check the status light. It should flash amber.
  4. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for 15 seconds until the status light starts flashing white.
  5. Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
  6. Open the case – with your AirPods inside – and hold it next to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A setup animation will appear on your screen.
  7. Tap Connect, then tap Done.

if this is not working, you might want to reset the AirPods first before you follow above instructions

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

How to connect Replacement AirPod Pro 2 to my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.