I want to spam and scam emails gone before they reach junk folder

Lately, I’ve been getting spam and scam emails in my junk folder. I don’t think they should even get that far. These emails do not use my to address. In fact my real address isn’t even on the email so how can it get to me to begin with? Just started about a month or two ago. I think they should be stopped before they get to the junk folder. Is that possible?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 14, 2024 12:19 PM

6 replies

May 14, 2024 12:45 PM in response to History4466

History4466 wrote:

Lately, I’ve been getting spam and scam emails in my junk folder. I don’t think they should even get that far. These emails do not use my to address. In fact my real address isn’t even on the email so how can it get to me to begin with? Just started about a month or two ago. I think they should be stopped before they get to the junk folder. Is that possible?

How are you expecting them to be stopped before they reach the junk mail filter and are routed to your junk email? Do you want your email provider to simply assume that you shouldn't get or ever see certain emails? What if they make a mistake?

Your email address is in there somewhere. The spammers are just very good at making everything very confusing.

May 14, 2024 1:34 PM in response to History4466

History4466 wrote:

The spam emails are from AOL sometimes FedEx sometimes and others. The TO address which should be my address is not my address. One ends in currently.com. My own address is not even visible. I don’t understand how it works. I just wish there was a way to correct it.

It may be in the bcc field or somewhere else. It wouldn't come to you if your email address weren't involved. And, short of your email provider making decisions on your behalf about what you should or shouldn't get, this is the system we have. I know I don't want my email provider deciding what email I should see and what I shouldn't. A little too big brother for me.

May 14, 2024 1:54 PM in response to History4466

History4466 wrote:

The spam emails are from AOL sometimes FedEx sometimes and others. The TO address which should be my address is not my address. One ends in currently.com. My own address is not even visible. I don’t understand how it works. I just wish there was a way to correct it.

If you look in the Raw email header, you will find your email address buried in there somewhere. To have those never arrive to your phone, you will need to set rules with your email provider. Your options will depend on your email provider, for example this is what can be done if your are using Xfinity for your email.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience

I want to spam and scam emails gone before they reach junk folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.