Pages and Templates

Greets:

I've recently completed a portfolio for a class that has just completed. I used Page for the project, and followed a video course to learn how to use it. I also visited my local Appel Store a few times to get some issues I ran into sorted out.

Now that my project is complete, I have a few queries to ask so that I'm better prepared for the future.

• Can a template be created within page layout mode to include guides and rulers? I did not see any info in the inspector that would allow me to do this
  • When working on a document, can a page be added that differs from the current page? For instance, if I have a template that has desired attributes, can that be added in an existing document?

Thanks for reading.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 14, 2024 5:09 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 4:10 AM in response to Velanche Stewart

You can save a Page Layout format document as a Template, but only guides will remain on it. Rulers will not.

When you use an existing saved template for a new document, the new document inherits the features previously saved in that template. However, once in a new document based on an existing template, a new page cannot use a different template, and in a Page layout format document, a new page is blank and a canvas for you to make different by what you contribute to it. Each page is also a section in a Page Layout format.

Pages User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Pages - Official Apple Support

Pages and Templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.