Podcast RSS feed failing to get artwork

Hi there,

I'm trying to ingest an RSS feed into Apple Podcasts from Patreon, but it seems like it's not liking the artwork that Patreon is providing. Here is a test RSS url:

https://www.patreon.com/rss/rick_astley_official?auth=R_pjSjN6gFCzj2ykeYEKMP3o17rC6mdu

Would anyone be able to help? I am able to download it from the link in the rss feed, and it is downloading as a PNG that's 3000x3000px, so it seems like it should be meeting the requirements (I know there were other posts where Podbeans was shrinking the image or serving it as a webp, but doesn't seem like the case here).

Any help would be really appreciated!

Posted on May 14, 2024 6:08 PM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 12:25 AM in response to dawidjk

The URL in the 'itunes:image' tag doesn't work. You appear to have a script within it but the '&' which kicks this off has been replaced by the code '&' which wojuld be necessary in text but not in a link. I would recommendn siplifying the URL and avoiding this sort of thing.

The image linked to in your first post is 1.5MB and so far too large: it must be less than 500kB.

The image linked to in your second post is smaller at 53kB, but has an alpha channel which is probably sufficient tocause the problem.

Try using a JPG and keeping the size down, and avoiding complex URLs which include a script.

Podcast RSS feed failing to get artwork

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.