Help separating Apple ID from two phones.

For the longest time my wife and I have had the same Apple ID on our phones. We recently decided to have separate ones. She kept the old ID and I made a new one. The switch went fine except my Apple Watch still says “me” when she texts me and when she calls it still says “me or wifey”. Also if I use my CarPlay to share my location with her it still doesn’t go through because it thinks it’s the same phone. Any ideas on how to fix this?

iPhone 15 Plus, iOS 17

Posted on May 14, 2024 7:39 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 9:41 AM in response to Jjsimonite

You probably have relic settings buried somewhere. The by-the-book way of doing this would have been to completely reset all your devices as if you were giving them to a complete stranger, and then set them up from scratch with the new account. This results in loss of everything which is a nuisance and can be avoided by instead only changing the ID, but then you have to make sure it is done everywhere. I don't have a list if all the places this needs to be done, so if that was the way you did it you have to go through every single setting and make sure the information isn't hidden somewhere. Also check the entries each of you have under Contacts.

I have zero experience with Carplay.

Help separating Apple ID from two phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.