OnVue- Pearson Vue and Catalina 10.15.7 issue?

Hi I am trying to do a pre systems check for my upcoming certification exam. I did download the Pearson vue OnVue app on my Macbook Pro( Catalina) . However for some odd reason it says I my laptop is not compatible despite having the required OS . Anyone else facing same issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2024 10:09 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2024 2:01 PM in response to BDAqua

FYI, If you click the "Advanced technical requirements" link at the bottom of the page you linked, it actually mentions macOS 10.15. Always gives me confidence in a product/service that is inconsistent in the documentation. Plus very unusual to see macOS 10.15 with no "+" or "and later".

I have seen others trying to use Pearson Vue software....I think they got a bit further and were running later versions of macOS, but I don't recall the details now. OP probably will need to contact Pearson Vue support for assistance.

May 15, 2024 2:04 PM in response to saharshsinha

Are you running any anti-virus software, cleaning/optimizer apps, VPN software, or third party security software? If so, then they may be interfering with the Pearson Vue software. Those types of apps are not needed on macOS so uninstall them by following the developer's instructions. Those types of apps usually cause more problems than they solve since they interfere with the normal operation of macOS.

Otherwise you will most likely need to contact Pearson Vue support for assistance.

OnVue- Pearson Vue and Catalina 10.15.7 issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.