No way to convert 44.1khz files to 48khz files anymore in Logic

Hello,

I've been converting the sample rate on files for years without any problems, usually from 44.1 to 48khz. I used to use the standard method of going to the bin, selecting all the files, copy/convert and changing the sample rate making sure that the reference on the project is swapped for the newly created ones, and then switching the project from 44.1 to 48khz.

As soon as I went from an Intel i9 to an M3, that stopped working. Now the tracks playback as if the project and the files were in different sample rates, no matter what I do. And if I go to the bin, the files do show up as 48khz. I don't know if I am missing something, but it's driving me crazy. I would really appreciate anybody's input on this.

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on May 14, 2024 10:56 PM

2 replies

May 15, 2024 9:35 AM in response to BenB

Hi Ben,

The issue is I don't always get to choose the sample rate of the files I receive, which was never a problem using the method I described, what most people do.

What you're pointing to is simply how Logic is able to adjust to different rates regardless of the hardware that was used to create a project, but the tracks remain the same. I need to be able to go from 44.1 to 48khz to work natively on the latter.

No way to convert 44.1khz files to 48khz files anymore in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.